Our COVID 19 Health and Safety Protocols have been produced in accordance with guidance from the Canine and Feline Sector Group (CSFG) and in light of the revised Government advice (11.5.20) on Coronavirus to balance public and employee health protection requirements and the need for businesses to keep working.
There remains no evidence that pets are implicated in the transmission of Coronavirus to people and infection of the pet is unlikely, BUT THERE IS SOME RISK OF THE VIRUS BEING CARRIED BY PETS AND THEIR BELONGINGS.
Happy Hounds operates a stringent policy to cleanliness and sanitation, our procedure for the Prevention and Control for the Spread of Disease (approved by East Riding County Council – Licensing Department) is available on request.
Specific Handover and Social Distancing Protocols Effective Tuesday 19 May 2020
- To maintain 2m social distancing protocols, dogs from different households and multiple owners are not allowed in the Customer Courtyard and Grooming Reception at the same time.
- On arrival at the Happy Hounds carpark, owners dropping off or collecting dogs for overnight boarding, daycare and grooming services are to remain in their car and must await instruction to enter the Customer Courtyard / Grooming Reception with their dog by a member of the Happy Hounds team. Please be patient as there may be a short wait, particularly during busy times.
Overnight Boarding and DayCare Services
Please note – we will accept pets from Coronavirus infected households, however YOU MUST TELL US IS THIS WHEN MAKING A BOOKIING. Your dog will be retained in our isolation area for three days to ensure no virus is retained on your pet.
- Customer registration documentation where possible, must be completed and returned electronically to Happy Hounds prior to arrival. Where this is not possible, the dog is to wait in the car and the customer is to complete the paperwork in the reception annex or their own car. The review of the completed paperwork (including the verification of vaccination certificate and any specific dietary or medical needs) with the customer can take place in the reception but only in accordance with the 2m social distancing rule. All Happy Hounds staff meeting guests will be wearing face masks.
- Payment where possible should be via card and the terminals will sanitised after each use. Customer hand sanitizer is available for use in the reception and reception annex.
- Owners are requested to enter the Customer Courtyard with their dog and secure it to the tether post and the 3m long lead. Please ensure that your dog is wearing a collar. Owners are requested to remove and retain their own lead and exit the Courtyard.
- Dog food, personal items and any medication to be placed in the drop box provided.
- A Happy Hounds staff member will collect your dog with our own slip lead and take it to Paddock 5 where the dog will be wiped down with a pet safe damp cloth with a mild shampoo solution. The dog’s collar will be removed and washed with a pet safe detergent (Safe4), dried and put back on the dog.
- A maximum of two personal toys are permitted with each dog and they will be washed before use in the kennel with a pet safe detergent (Safe4)l. Owners personal dog bedding and feeding bowls will not be permitted. All dogs will be provided with their own raised bed and soft bedding material.
- Prior to leaving their kennel, each dog will be wiped down with pet safe damp cloth with a mild shampoo solution.
- The dog will be taken to the Customer Courtyard and attached to the extended 3m long slip lead. Owners, waiting in their car, will be instructed to collect their dog using their own lead.
- A Happy Hounds staff member will place any returned food, medication and personal items in the drop box for the owner to take away
- Kennels are cleaned and sanitised each day in accordance with our stringent Cleaning Regime.
- Drop boxes and slip leads will be sanitised after each use with Safe4 disinfectant.
Admission and return of dogs is by appointment only to ensure social distancing measures are adhered to. Owners to remain in their car with their dog until the salon is ready to accept the dog. The reverse procedure should be used for the collection of the dog. Where possible, all dialogue between Dani to agree your grooming needs should be done over the phone and prior to dropping the dog off. Failing that, discussion can take place in the grooming reception as long as the 2m social distancing protocol is maintained.
Handover / Drop Off:
- Owner to enter the Customer Courtyard and then enter the dedicated enclosed outdoor grooming reception. Owners may be requested to secure their dog to the tether post and slip lead provided inside the grooming reception
- Owners are requested to remove and retain their own lead and exit the grooming reception and Customer Courtyard
- Dani will collect your dog using a Happy Hounds slip lead and take the dog into the grooming salon to commence the grooming treatment.
- The dogs will receive the normal practise of two thorough shampoo’s during bathing which is the equivalent of 10 minutes of washing
- The quality of the professional grooming shampoos means the level of cleansing will be superior to normal hand wash soap
- The dog will be towel dried and blasted
- The dog will be taken to the prepared grooming table, dried and the groom completed.
Handover / Collection:
- Payment where possible should be via credit card and the terminals will sanitised after each use
- Customer hand sanitizer is available for use in the grooming reception.
Salon Cleaning in Between Dogs
- Bathing area, grooming table, grooming equipment and slip leads will be sanitised in between each dog, so we kindly ask for your patience should we encounter any delays